Friday, August 29, 2008

And the Karma Continues...

I could be one of the laziest person on the earth. I hate doing some work. One fine morning I woke up and saw a ant (small little creature) moving on the wall.he/she was busy finding some food around. I thought Mr.Ant would have done almost half his of the work for the day till the time I just woke up. I feel soory about that little creature thinking about his all life he would work finding food. And there is no single change in his work. Wake up go collect food come back. Every single day. And no appraisal no job change.

Every one including humans have to work every day but surprisingly no body questioned how much work is left to do. Probably for the reason that nobody knew how much it is exactly. How much every person has to do in his life? Is this defined somewhere. What if somebody does less than that?Why does my work always result into some other work to be done? even the success ?I got curious about some questions like this and thought about reading something.

So I thought of reading "Geeta" the spiritual literature for hindus. Geeta for the reason thatI knew one line from that "karmanye wa dhikaraste ma faleshu ....". So somthing for the karma.I thought lets go though it once. So I listened to Audio hindi version downloaded from cooltoad.It came out to be very complex than I could ever think of.
But most intresting turnout was "Daily work that we do does always result into some other work to be done". So all efforts what everybody puts every day is always resulting into another work. Except when u keep youself detached from the work you are doing. which is impossible.One thing was in full agreement with me was "when you are at the highest level of spritual achievement there will be nothing left to be done".
Above all I was Shocked when I got the meaning of the line. "Karmanye wa dhikaraste ma faleshu ...". The Karma here defined in this line is not what we do every day. Its not the work that you do for your families, for you. Geeta says its a yadyna ( a specific ritual ). Dont interprete yadyna with the ritual of bringing up fire and putting ghee in it. yadya defined here is different than that.

So all the time what I assumed was different meaning of the line. There is a lot to read to understand the concept "Karma". I really feel sorry about people who put "Karma" on their T-shirt and do not even bother to read about it sometime.Very few people know these life sciences and still living their life. Its like doing coding without knowing what is the product you are working on.Atleast I am satisfied that I made a attempt to understand it. And I believe without knowing it the karma continues ..

Here is link for the Audio Version of chapter 4 from Geeta.
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=355228
http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=355229

Also
http://www.yogausa.com/bhagavad_gita_mp3.php http://www.yatharthgeeta.com/download_hindi.htm

1 comment:

Shivmurti Dubal said...

Here I have made an Attempt just to increase readers intrest in knowing the things in more detail. I can not explain the concept of "Karma" as this is very complex term in itself and very great people have written on this topic. So I dont feel to explain that here.